Life is less like a box of chocolates and more like Dynamics 365. In life we have a handful of formal, more defined relationships and a myriad of ad hoc, temporary, informal connections to people, places, work and everything in between. And an ability to define those relationships comes right out-of-the-box in Dynamics 365 in the form of Connections and Connection Roles.
- Do not need a custom relationship to be created
- Let users connect records of various entities
- Can be used for querying and reporting
- Provide descriptions for the records involved in a Connection, such as Former Employee / Employer
- Can be configured to be used only with other specific Connection Roles, such as Doctor and Patient
Go read the basics on using and customizing this kick-ass feature.